**$250 SIGN ON BONUS**
paid after completing 30 working days
The Security Guard performs a variety of security functions and additionally performs Emergency Medical Response/EMT duties. Appropriate Certification including the following are requirements of this position:
MUST HAVE Current Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) (MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE DEPT. OF HEALTH CERTIFICATION INFORMATION).
Current or able to obtain Emergency Medical Service Vehicle Operator Endorsement (EMSVO)
Allied Universal has security jobs and are seeking to fill the position of an Security Officer - EMT For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, sick pay (in states where required), employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more! We also offer part-time and flexible schedules!
An EMT Security Officer works as a member of a pre-hospital emergency care medical team. The EMT Security Officer administers first aid treatment and other emergency care to sick or injured persons and assists with facilitating the transport to medical facilities. At times, the EMT will also be required to handle some security related functions.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent, or 5 years verifiable experience
- Possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner
Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
- Possess and maintain a State Certified EMT Basic, Intermediate, or Paramedic license
- Current Health Care Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR card
- As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a drug screen in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
Driving Positions: must possess a valid Driver’s License with at least one year of driving experience, a clean driving record (no major violations within last 36 months, no more than 1 accident in last 24 months, no more than one minor moving violation in last 24 months), a minimum level of insurance as required by Company policy, and the ability to safely operate a vehicle required.
- Have intermediate computer skills to operate innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
- Ability to handle crisis situations at the client site, calmly and efficiently
- Responds to emergency calls from a dispatcher such as requests for medical assistance following emergency response proceedings
- Determines the nature and extent of illness and injury
- Establishes priorities in order to determine procedures to be followed for emergency first aid or assistance; Request additional help, including special rescue and utility services
- Provides emergency medical care and other treatment pursuant to EMT certification
- Reports all medical incidents, accidents or emergencies to include completing a Daily Activity Log on every shift, describing all activities. Complete an Incident Report documenting any medical response calls on client property
- Able to:
- Work in various environments such as cold weather, rain/snow or heat
- Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
- Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
- Stand or walk on various surfaces for long periods of time