Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. Allied Universal, North America’s leading security services provider, is experiencing tremendous growth. For all full-time positions, we offer medical, dental, vision, flex spending, 401K, an anniversary bonus, and an on-the-spot recognition program. We promote from within our company! You can start with little, to no, security experience and become one of Allied Universal’s many success stories.
Apply to join the LARGEST SECURITY COMPANY in the United States!
JOB TITLE: Console Operator
REPORTS TO: Manager, Monitoring and Response Center
DIVISION: Comerica Corporate Security
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time – Contingent Worker
SUMMARY: This position is for the Alarm Monitoring Center for Comerica Bank.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Those duties necessary to meet the minimum requirements of the position. Other duties may be assigned:
· Monitor and respond to alarms on multiple monitoring systems.
· Remotely view and program all DVR’s on network.
· Accesses remote alarm systems, where applicable, and make program changes as needed.
· Responsible for maintaining accurate records and reconciling alarm issues.
· Assist field technicians with field testing/programming of newly installed alarm systems.
· Provides support to field technicians as needed for ongoing maintenance systems and device additions or deletes.
· Schedules and maintains ongoing system of self-tests for various locations.
· Reports system issues and schedules services as needed.
· Responds to requests for information.
· Provides technical information as authorized.
· Provides assistance to the public within scope of authority.
· Perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or experience required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· High school diploma (or equivalent) required.
· Must demonstrate a strong understanding of computers within a Windows operating environment.
· Ability to adapt to varied work requirements and be flexible.
· Demonstrated ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
· Must be highly proficient and fully functional in all Microsoft Office applications and able to effectively utilize all available office management technology including Outlook and internet applications.
· Professional, articulate and able to use good independent judgment and discretion. Must have proven ability to maintain correspondence, discussions and materials in strictest confidence. Must be able to work overtime as needed.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization while functioning as a team player.
PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use both hands, is frequently required to stand, sit, stoop, talk and hear (communicate verbally in person and via telephone), and be able to read computer screen, correspondence and reports.
· The employee must occasionally walk, reach with hands and arms, and drive. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
· The employee must be able to concentrate on details, work under deadline pressures, apply sound logic and judgment, and prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
· The job is generally performed in an office environment. The ambient noise level is usually quiet, consisting of normal conversations, business machines (copiers, printers, etc.) and telephones.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, with or without notice.
Allied Universal provides unparalleled service, systems and solutions to the people and business of our communities, and is North America’s leading security services provider. With over 150,000 employees, Allied Universal delivers high-quality, tailored solutions, which allows clients to focus on their core business. For more information: www.AUS.com or http://www.aus.com/offices to contact your local office.
We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans.
Allied Universal Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.